A double chin is caused by having too much fat in your neck and face. Like most fat it can be eliminated through a good diet and exercise regime. If you’re looking to get rid of your double chin then here are some facial exercises to fight double chin to help you out.
While you can have a chin lift surgery to correct your double chin you can also do chin lift exercises if you don’t want to go that far. A chin lift will stretch and tone your jaw, neck and throat muscles. It’s pretty easy to do a chin lift. It only takes three simple steps:
- Stand or sit up and keep your back straight
- Tilt your head backwards so that you’re looking up at the ceiling
- Pucker your lips together tightly, as if you were kissing someone
When you’re doing this you need to try to avoid moving any other facial muscles. Only move your lips and your head. Keep your lips puckered for a count of five and release. Do the exercise 5 to 10 times in a row.
A neck roll tones and stretches your jaw muscles, throat muscles and neck muscles, and it also takes the tension out of your shoulders to ease any shoulder and neck pain you might be feeling. The following is how to perform a neck roll:
- Sit or stand up straight
- Turn your head to the side while breathing in so that your chin touches your shoulder and you’re looking to one side
- Roll your head downwards as you exhale until your chin rests on your chest. Don’t forget to keep your spin straight and keep your shoulders square
- Lift your head back up while you inhale until your chin is touching your other shoulder. By the end you should be looking at the other side
Pout and Tilt
The pout and tilt pretty much speaks for itself. It stretches the skin on your neck and your lips. Follow these simple steps to do a pout and tilt.
- Sit or stand up straight
- Stick out your lower lip and pout; you know you’ve put your bottom lip out far enough when the skin on your chin feels wrinkly and puckered
- Hold this position for a second
- Keep your lip stuck out and lower your chin to your chest
- Hold this position for another second
- Relax your lips as you straight back up
- Repeat the exercise for two sets of twenty reps
Stick Out Tongue
Just sticking out your tongue can be a great way to build up the muscles in your chin to reduce your double chin. It’s a simple exercise that goes a long way. Here’s how to do it:
- Sit or stand in a relaxed position
- Open up your mouth as wide as possible
- Stick out your tongue as far as possible so your neck and chin tighten
- Hold this position for a count of ten before relaxing and returning to the starting position
- Repeat the exercise for ten reps
Facial exercises can be a great way to get rid of your double chin without going through surgery. Here is the blog post about face fact removal that helped me write this blog post. It is very complete and could be interesting for those who look for all the treatments or alternatives to lose face fat. Thanks again sophie 🙂
I clearly focused on facial exercise as it is safer.
Keep in mind that with any exercise you need to keep up a regular regimen if you want to see some real results. Don’t be discouraged if it doesn’t happen right away.